Alarm bells as Messi misses Barça morning training session
Koeman confirmed in the pre-game press conference that the Argentine striker was playing with pain during the Granada game and is now a doubt for the Super Cup semi-final clash against Real Sociedad.
Leo Messi was the notable absentee for the pre-game warm-up session overseen by FC Barcelona coach Ronald Koeman on Wednesday morning. The Catalan side face Real Sociedad in the first semi-final of the 2021 Spanish Super Cup at Cordoba's Nuevo Arcángel stadium
Koeman did admit in Tuesday's pre-match press conference that Messi was complaining of discomfort during the second half of Saturday's LaLiga clash away to Granada and was subbed shortly after the hour mark. Images of the game show the striker repeatedly touching his left leg bíceps femoral muscle before Koeman made the switch with the game already a foregone conclusion at 0-4 for FC Barcelona at the time.
Should injury rule Messi out of Wednesday's game against Real Sociedad, Koeman will be forced to select either Martin Braithwaite or Portuguese player Trincao to replace the Barça captain.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"