Alarm bells as Messi misses Barça morning training session
Koeman confirmed in the pre-game press conference that the Argentine striker was playing with pain during the Granada game and is now a doubt for the Super Cup semi-final clash against Real Sociedad.
Leo Messi was the notable absentee for the pre-game warm-up session overseen by FC Barcelona coach Ronald Koeman on Wednesday morning. The Catalan side face Real Sociedad in the first semi-final of the 2021 Spanish Super Cup at Cordoba's Nuevo Arcángel stadium
Koeman did admit in Tuesday's pre-match press conference that Messi was complaining of discomfort during the second half of Saturday's LaLiga clash away to Granada and was subbed shortly after the hour mark. Images of the game show the striker repeatedly touching his left leg bíceps femoral muscle before Koeman made the switch with the game already a foregone conclusion at 0-4 for FC Barcelona at the time.
Should injury rule Messi out of Wednesday's game against Real Sociedad, Koeman will be forced to select either Martin Braithwaite or Portuguese player Trincao to replace the Barça captain.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped