Inter Miami: Chris Henderson takes sporting director job
Inter Miami welcomed Phil Neville as their new head coach and Chris Henderson as the chief officer (CSO) and sporting director to keep the team growing.
The co-owner of Inter Miami, David Beckham, was not satisfied with the team's performance in their debut season in Major League Soccer. So for the upcoming 2021 season he will take a more active role and parting ways with Diego Alonso was the first move. On Monday the team welcomed Phil Neville as their new head coach and appointed Chris Henderson as the chief officer (CSO) and sporting director to keep the team growing.
Henderson spent the past 13 seasons as sporting director at Seattle Sounders and he guided the franchise to two MLS Cups, one Supporters’ Shield and four US Open Cups. He also played 11 years in Major League Soccer, making 317 appearances, and won 79 caps for the United States men’s national team.
“This is an incredible opportunity for me to take the next step in my career, return back to South Florida and solidify my mark on this league,” said Henderson. “I have always believed in the Inter Miami project and the club’s ability to become a powerhouse not only in MLS, but across the global soccer industry.
"My goal is to work with the technical staff to ensure we have a roster that fits the style of soccer we want while maintaining a healthy pipeline of youth, league wide and international players who could contribute to the team’s success on and off the field. I’m looking forward to joining Inter Miami’s journey and reconnecting with the fanbase in South Florida.”
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?