LA Galaxy defender Julian Araujo joins USMNT U-23 squad
The 2020 Los Angeles Galaxy defender of the year will join the U-23 USMNT January roster to fill in for Bryan Reynolds, who left the squad for personal reasons.
Julian Araujo is one of the young prospects in Major League Soccer and after the conclusion of the 2020 campaign, he was named Los Angeles Galaxy's defender of the year. His good performances have been noticed by Europe’s top-flight clubs like Tottenham Hotspur.
A couple of weeks ago, The Sunday People reported that Spurs are preparing a €5 million offer for the United States defender. Another team that has shown interest in Araujo is Juventus, but they haven’t made any official bid yet.
New opportunity with the USMNT
On Tuesday, it was informed by the LA Galaxy that Julian Araujo was added to the U-23 United States men’s national team roster for their training camp in Bradenton, Florida. His inclusion in the squad is due to FC Dallas defender Bryan Reynolds' departure for personal reasons.
Araujo made his debut with the senior USMNT as a starter in the 6-0 victory against El Salvador in December in the last match of 2020. The right-back has also been a part of the U-23 USMNT setup that started against Egypt and then Netherlands back in March 2019.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds