Weston McKennie is the first American to win the Supercoppa Italiana
The United States international won his first title with Juventus after defeating Napoli 2-0 at the Citta del Tricolore stadium to win the Italian Super Cup.
Weston McKennie arrived at Juventus last summer on loan from Schalke 04 and he has impressed in his first six months becoming a regular starter for head coach Andrea Pirlo. The United States international has 20 appearances in all the competitions scoring three goals and giving two assists.
First title with Juventus
On Wednesday night, Juventus defeated Napoli 2-0 in the Supercoppa Italiana with Cristiano Ronaldo and Álvaro Morata scoring for the Old Lady. This was the first title of the season for Juventus and Weston McKennie became the first American to win the Italian Super Cup.
The 22-year-old was in doubt to play this game due to an injury he picked up two weekends ago, but he was able to recover on time and play the entire 90 minutes. He almost complicated the title for the ‘Old Lady’ because in the 76th minute he committed a foul inside the box, but fortunately for him Mertens missed the penalty kick when Juventus was leading 1-0.
This was also the first title in McKennie’s career in Europe because he was unable to win anything during his time in Schalke 04. The No 14 from Juventus became the first player in the United States to win a title during the 2020/21 season in Europe’s top leagues.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA Skills Challenge: which players will participate in the 2021 edition?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 Does NBA League Pass include NBA All-Star 2021?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming & when it could pass Senate vote, IRS tax return | Live
- 2021 TAX FILING Has the IRS already started refunding tax return 2021?
- NFL Denver Broncos: Stay locked on Drew or hand keys to a rookie QB?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK How to claim a missing stimulus check on your 2020 tax return