Khabib tells Dana White: "I'm so many levels above these guys"
Khabib Nurmagomedov seems unlikely to come out of retirement after speaking to UFC president Dana White.
Dana White revealed Khabib Nurmagomedov told him he was "so many levels above" his rivals, making it unlikely the undefeated star will come out of retirement. Khabib (29-0) sensationally retired after beating Justin Gaethje in October last year. White has been pushing for the Russian to return for a 30th fight, but that seems unlikely to happen.
Khabib return unlikely
After Dustin Poirier stunned Conor McGregor in just rounds at UFC 257 this weekend, the UFC president revealed he had a conversation with Khabib. "I did talk to Khabib," White said. "He said to me, 'Dana, be honest with yourself, you know I'm so many levels above these guys, I beat these guys.' I don't know, I don't know, but it doesn't sound very positive so we'll see. I told you guys before he won't hold the division up. He already retired, he's basically retired, I'm the one that's been trying to get him to do one more."
White confirmed McGregor and Poirier would likely fight for the lightweight title if Khabib did not return.
Te recomendamos en English
- Latest News CBS News confused about location of La Palma volcano
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play 27 October 2021: Times and how to watch and stream
- SOCCER | BAYERN MUNICH Bayern Munich: Lucas Hernandez avoids jail time
- NBA | NUGGETS Nuggets optimistic NBA MVP Jokic's knee injury is not serious
- NBA NBA round-up: Westbrook and Davis lead LeBron-less Lakers to OT win, Warriors stay unbeaten
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"