Odegaard set to complete move to Arsenal from Real Madrid
According to The Times, Arsenal will pay Real Madrid €2 million for the loan deal which sees Odegaard join the Premier League club for the rest of the season.
Arsenal have agreed to sign Martin Odegaard on loan from Real Madrid until the end of the season. AS understand that the Norwegian will travel to London on Sunday night ahead of completing a move to the Gunners on Monday. He will undergo a medical with the Premier League club before being officially presented at the Emirates.
There is no purchase option involved in the 6-month loan deal. According to The Times, Arsenal will pay Real Madrid €2 million for the deal until the end of the 2020/21 season. It is the same figure that Real Sociedad paid in 2019. Arsenal will pay Odegaard's full salary.
Arteta key in Odegaard decision
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta spoke to the 22-year-old directly to assure him that he will get minutes in his new project. This has reportedly been decisive for the Norwegian, who also had the choice of returning to Real Sociedad, where he showed some superb form last season. Real Madrid are happier with the offer from Arsenal as they are not a direct rival.
Odegaard will be their second loanee from Real Madrid this season, along with fellow midfielder Dani Ceballos.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash