Real Madrid: Florentino Pérez tests positive for covid-19
Real Madrid say club president Pérez has tested positive for the coronavirus but is not suffering from any symptoms.
On the same day head coach Zinedine Zidane returned to training after recovering from the coronavirus, Real Madrid have confirmed that club president Florentino Pérez has tested positive for covid-19.
Real Madrid chief symptom-free, club says
Pérez, 73, "is not showing any symptoms", Los Blancos said in a statement published on their official website on Tuesday.
Nacho still recovering from coronavirus
In addition to Pérez and Zidane, five Real Madrid players - Eden Hazard, Éder Militão, Luka Jovic, Mariano Díaz and Nacho Fernández - have also contracted covid-19 since the pandemic began.
Nacho remains in isolation after testing positive before Madrid’s shock Copa del Rey defeat to Alcoyano earlier this month.
Huesca trip up next for Real Madrid
The Spanish champions, whose weekend LaLiga defeat to Levante left them 10 points adrift of leaders Atlético Madrid - having played a game more than Los Rojiblancos - visit bottom club Huesca in the top flight on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates