Atlético: Moussa Dembélé tests positive for coronavirus a day after João Félix
Just 24 hours after Atleti confirmed that João Félix had tested positive for Covid-19, Moussa Dembélé has also begun to self-isolate with the virus.
Atlético Madrid forward Moussa Dembélé has tested positive for coronavirus. LaLiga leaders Atlético confirmed the news on Thursday, a day after record signing João Félix returned a positive test.
"Our squad underwent PCR tests on Wednesday as recommended by LaLiga, in addition to the first weekly antigen tests outlined in their protocol. The PCR test showed that Moussa Dembélé is positive for COVID-19," Atlético said in a statement. "The Frenchman is isolating at home, in compliance with the health authorities' guidelines and LaLiga protocols."
Atleti face Celta Vigo at home next Monday as they look to build on their 10-point lead at the top of the table. Dembélé joined from Olympique Lyon last month on loan until the end of the season, with Atleti retaining an option to buy the former France Under-21 international for an initial fee of €33.5million. He has been on the bench three times in LaLiga but is yet to make an appearance under coach Diego Simeone.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'