Barcelona: Ansu Fati faces another serious injury setback
Ansu Fati has reportedly undergone a second operation in secret as he has struggled to improve following his first knee operation in November.
Ansu Fati is currently going through one of the most difficult moments of his short but intense career as a Barcelona footballer.
As AS confirmed on Monday, the young Spanish forward is having serious issues with his recovery following surgery in November to correct a grave injury to his left knee sustained against Real Betis on 7th of that month.
AS learned that the 18-year-old is struggling to bear intense workloads and is constantly forced to stop due to inflammation in his knee.
This adverse situation has forced the player and his doctors to give up on setting return deadlines. Today their prime objective is getting his knee back to 100%, rather than focusing on circling possible return dates on the calendar.
Fati has secret surgery
However, a report from Catalan broadcaster TV3 confirms that the situation is even more serious than the one reported by this newspaper on Monday.
According to TV3, Fati has undergone a second operation overseen by Dr. Ramon Cugat, but this time Barcelona have kept it secret.
In fact, the operation was carried out in January, around two months after the original procedure on 9 November to address a tear in the internal meniscus in his left knee.
It had been estimated that Fati would return to the pitch four months after that first procedure. But that timeline has now been shattered as a result of the fact that he has had to undergo surgery for a second time. As it stands, the young Spanish international will continue his recovery work in the pool and he is not expected to return to working on the grass for at least two months.
In fact, as AS has learned, a third operation is not being ruled out and will depend on how his recovery from the second procedure goes over the coming weeks.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?