Henry Martín secures three points for Solari's Club América
Santiago Solari's side defeated Querétaro at the Azteca stadium to earn the three points that takes them to go top of the table.
Club América hosted Querétaro on matchday 6 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament, where they managed to get three points to take the top spot in the tournament.
The visiting team suffered an early set-back when José Doldán was given a red card in the 12th minute. America made advantage of the extran man and thanks to a goal from Santiago Nevada they took the lead in the 26th minute. But ten-man Querétaro found themselves back in the game when Ángel Sepulveda equalised in injury time of the first half.
The visitors were able to hold the game at 1-1 until past 80 minutes. But fortunately for new America head coach Santiago Solari, Henry Martín scored the winning goal in the 84th minute. With this result they take first place in the tournament and their next opponent will be Atlas in Guadalajara.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?