Kevin Durant out of the Nets ahead of Kings and Suns
Kevin Durant will sit out Monday's clash with the Sacramento Kings and Tuesday's game against the Phoenix Suns.
Brooklyn Nets star Kevin Durant will miss at least two games due to a mild left hamstring strain.
Nets to do without Durant
The Nets confirmed the injury on Sunday, a day after Durant returned from the NBA's health and safety protocols amid the coronavirus pandemic to help Brooklyn past the Golden State Warriors 134-117.
Durant, who posted 20 points against former team the Warriors in his first game back in the Bay Area, will sit out Monday's clash with the Sacramento Kings and Tuesday's game against the Phoenix Suns.
Status update on Kevin Durant: pic.twitter.com/hR76EQIAJZ— Brooklyn Nets (@BrooklynNets) February 15, 2021
Former NBA MVP and two-time champion Durant is averaging 29.0 points, 7.3 rebounds and 5.3 assists per game for the Nets this season.
Durant, who sat out his first season in Brooklyn due to an Achilles injury sustained in the 2019 NBA Finals during his time with the Warriors, has missed nine of 28 games in 2020-21.
The star-studded Nets (16-12) are third in the Eastern Conference following back-to-back wins.
Recommended in English
- NFL Could Brian Flores be the Texans next head coach?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis could be back by month end
- NFL Steelers activate Smith-Schuster for Chiefs showdown
- NFL Carr hopes Bisaccia lands permanent Raiders job after playoff elimination
- BARCELONA Araújo only earns 900,000 euros
- NBA Nash: Nets set to rely heavily on Harden after Durant injury