Al-Hilal let go of Lucescu
The major Saudi club has decided to terminate the contract of their Romanian head coach Răzvan Lucescu and his assistants.
Saudi pro league club Al-Hilal have parted ways with Romanian coach Răzvan Lucescu, following their defeat to Damac FC. It was their second loss in three games and sees them fall to third place in the standings, five points behind Al-Shabab.
The 51-year-old coach led Al-Hilal to a historic campaign in his first season winning the 2019 AFC Champions League title in addition to a domestic double in the 2019-2020 season with a record-high 72 points. However, the club's board had an agreement with the veteran coach to terminate his contract following the recent deterioration of results.
"The board of directors decided to sign a mutual termination agreement with the Romanian manager of Al-Hilal Razvan Lucescu, expressing gratitude and appreciation to Razvan and his assistants for their efforts during their career at the club," read an Al-Hilal statement.
Lucescu's numbers with Al-Hilal
Lucescu joined Al-Hilal in June 2019 after he terminated his contract with Greek outfit PAOK FC. He led the team in 72 games in all competitions achieving 46 wins, 15 draws, and conceding 11 defeats in which the team scored 155 goals and conceded 76 goals.
Al Hilal's U-19 head coach Rogério Micale is set to replace Lucescu as interim coach and will take charge of the first team on Monday.
The former Brazilian international goalkeeper led his country to the 2015 U-20 FIFA World Cup final and steered the Brazil Olympic team to win gold at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands