Hirving Lozano could miss several games due to injury
Napoli have confirmed that the Mexican winger and their goalkeeper David Ospina suffered muscle injuries during the 1-0 win over Juventus this weekend.
Napoli took the three points against Juventus on matchday 22 of Serie A with a single goal from Lorenzo Insigne in the 31st minute of the match. With this result they climb up to fifth place and they are only two points behind the ‘Old Lady.’
Unfortunately, two of Napoli’s players had to be replaced during the game due to muscle injuries. On Monday the Serie A club announced that Hirving Lozano could be sidelined for at least three weeks and he has been a key player for them this season. The 25-year-old has scored 13 goals in all competitions.
📌 PARTE MÉDICO— Oficial SSC Napoli (@sscnapoliES) February 15, 2021
🇲🇽 @HirvingLozano70, distensión de segundo grado en el tendón de la corva derecho.
🇨🇴 @D_Ospina1, distensión de primer grado en el aductor del muslo derecho.#ForzaNapoliSempre 💙 pic.twitter.com/t3xcAegKK4
The Serie A side also confirmed that their starting goalkeeper David Ospina pulled a right thigh muscle during the warm-up for the game against Juventus and he could be out for at least two weeks. Ospina would miss several Serie A and UEFA Europa League matches this month.
The medical staff is already doing several tests on both players but injuries have been a problem for Napoli this season. Ospina and Lozano join Dries Mertens, Kalidou Koulibaly, Kostas Manolas, Diego Demme, Elseid Hysaj and Faouzi Ghoulam on the injury list.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes