“Women’s soccer is one of the most exciting sports ever” - Serena Williams
Serena Williams is among the investors in the new Los Angeles soccer team that will join the National Women’s Soccer League in the spring of 2022.
Serena Williams is currently participating in the 2021 Australian Open and her next opponent is Simona Halep (2) in the quarter-final set to be played at the Rod Laver Arena. Williams is considered one of the best female athletes in the world and her commitment to women in sports goes far beyond tennis.
She is among the investors in the new Los Angeles soccer team that will be joining the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) in the spring of 2022. The increased interest in women’s soccer started when the United States Women’s national team won the 2019 World Cup for the second time in a row. Since then, the NWSL has reported an average of 22% increase in stadium attendances each season.
"I feel like women's soccer is one of the most exciting sports ever, so it's super exciting to watch," Williams told reporters. "And to support them and to bring a major league into the United States is definitely something that's super important.
"I know how I have benefited from playing on the WTA Tour, and these athletes are so good at what they do, and so exciting, and they're so amazing, and so it's really awesome to be a part of supporting other women athletes."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?