Hoppe attracting interest from Premier League
The American striker is having a breakout season with Schalke 04 and now several clubs in the Premier League are starting to show interest in the 19-year-old.
Earlier this month, Matthew Hoppe earned his first pro-contract with Schalke 04 because he is having a breakout season in the Bundesliga this year. The 19-year-old has scored five goals in 11 appearances this season and his performances are catching the eye of several Premier League clubs.
This is Hoppe’s first year with Schalke’s first team and he has already bagged a hat-trick and scored in consecutive matches this season. According to multiple reports, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham have shown recent interest for Hoppe due to his performances.
Hoping to keep Schalke in Bundesliga
Hoppe signed a contract extension until 2023 and right now he is trying to help Schalke avoid relegation because they are in last place with nine points from 21 matches and a record of 1-6-14. The American striker has scored three more goals than any other player all season for Schalke.
The attacking prospect is also one of the best forwards for the United States men’s national team and several Premier League scouts have been impressed with him during his first half-season with the first team. If Schalke can’t avoid relegation, several teams would be interested in signing him for the 2021/22 campaign and according to transfermarkt, his current market value is $3.30 million.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston