Jordan Morris loan at Swansea ended by knee injury
The United States international striker suffered an ACL injury during Swansea’s 4-1 defeat against Huddersfield in the English Championship on 20 February.
Bad news for Jordan Morris who after medical examination it was confirmed that he suffered an ACL injury to his left knee during Swansea’s 4-1 defeat against Huddersfield in the English Championship on 20 February.
🗣️ Cooper on @JmoSmooth13...— Swansea City AFC (@SwansOfficial) February 22, 2021
"He's had a bad injury unfortunately for him. It's significant ligament damage, ACL. Everything we hoped it wasn't, unfortunately it is.
"It’s the end of his season for us and a long road back to recovery, it’s very cruel." pic.twitter.com/NhsufinPCu
Season ending injury
The United States international had come on as a substitute when the score was 1-1 and 20 minutes later he had to be carted off the field. Morris joined Swansea on loan on 22 January and he was going to report with Seattle Sounders after 31 May, but that won’t be the case.
He suffered a season-ending ACL injury and he will not only miss the 2021 Major League Season, but also the CONCACAF Nations League, Gold Cup and the Olympics with the United States men’s national team. Morris could come back in September for the USMNT first World Cup qualifying game, but it all depends on his recovery process.
According to transfermarkt, his current market value is $5.50 million and Swansea City had the option to pay the fee to sign Morris on a permanent deal, but with this injury they have declined to sign him. Morris made four league appearances and one in the FA Cup, as a starter, and failed to score a goal during his short spell.
Te recomendamos en English
- UEFA | EUROPA LEAGUE Europa League 2020/21 round of 16 draw: as it happened
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Henderson out until April after surgery on injury
- NFL NFL: Wilson hasn't demanded trade from Seattle Seahawks, says agent
- NBA NBA: Irving, Harden inspire Brooklyn Nets to eighth win in a row
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: what time is the vote in the House?