USWNT win the SheBelieves Cup after defeating Argentina
The United States Women’s national team defeated the South American team 6-1 with Megan Rapinoe scoring a brace in the last game of the tournament.
The United State Women’s national team (USWNT) is undefeated in 37 consecutive games, with 53 when playing in the US, after defeating Argentina 6-0 in the last game of the SheBelieves Cup. Megan Rapinoe (2), Carli Lloyd, Kristie Mewis, Alex Morgan and Christen Press scored for the USWNT on Wednesday night.
With this new victory they became the first team in the history of the SheBelieves Cup to have three straight shutouts in six editions. The USWNT defeated Canada 1-0 in the opener, then scored a brace against Brazil and finished their participation with a 6-0 win against Argentina at the Exploria stadium.
Things that never get old ⤵️ pic.twitter.com/8fOUjV7CTr— U.S. Soccer WNT (@USWNT) February 25, 2021
Also this was Alex Morgan's first goal in all competitions since giving birth to her daughter Charlie last year. She now has a total of 108 goals with the United States Women’s national team and she moves up to fifth place in the all-time top scoring list.
With the championship obtained, Rose Lavelle was named the Most Valuable Player of the 2021 SheBelieves Cup. The USWNT has won it four times (2016, 2018, 2020 and 2021) and they have kept clean sheets in 14 of their last 15 games. The last time they lost was on 19 January 2019 in an exhibition match against France.
Te recomendamos en English
- Stimulus Checks What ID can I use to cash stimulus checks?
- USA What does Biden's $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan include?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic makes USMNT Champions League history
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Modric hails Mbappé: Great players are always welcome at Madrid
- NBA Nuggets Murray could miss rest of the season after ACL injury
- NFL Three time Super Bowl champ Edelman retires