David Alaba to decide between Real Madrid and PSG... on one condition
According to 'Le Parisien', the Austrian defender will choose between Real Madrid and PSG. Whoever signs him will need to adapt to his demands.
David Alaba is set to be one of the big summer signings. After announcing that he will be leaving Bayern Munich in a press conference last week, several European clubs have taken an interest in his situation - among them, Real Madrid and PSG, perhaps the principal favourites to sign the highly-rated centre-back on a free transfer.
However, while both clubs view Alaba as a reinforcement to their defence, the 28-year-old could end up doubling up in a supporting role in midfield. According to reports in French daily Le Parisien, Alaba has made the option of playing in midfield one of the conditions which must be accepted while he studies offers. It's the position where he feels most comfortable and his versatility means he can play in central defence, as well as at left-back - attributes which have enabled him to play many games in different positions during his career.
Apart from Alaba, PSG are also monitoring Gini Wijnaldum's situation. If they lose out on the Bayern player this summer - or if they cannot promise him a role in midfield, the French side with go for Liverpool's Wijnaldum who will also be available on a free. A player who is able to press, attack and score goals, Wijnaldum has exactly the kind of profile that Leonardo is looking for and would perfectly fit into Pochettino's system.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes