USMNT will face Jamaica in exhibition match on 25 March
The United States men’s national team will return to action to face Jamaica’s national team on 25 March in Wiener Neustadt, Austria.
The last time the United States men’s national team played a friendly game was against El Salvador on 9 December 2020 and they won 6-0, with several players making their senior debut. Now the USMNT will return to action this month to face Jamaica ahead of the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers.
The United States announced on Monday that they will play against Jamaica in an exhibition match on 25 March in Wiener Neustadt, Austria. For this game the USMNT will follow the US Soccer’s Return to Play protocols and guidelines due to the coronavirus pandemic and fans won’t be allowed in the stadium.
This will be the first time the USMNT has faced Jamaica in two years. The last time they played each other was in the 2019 Gold Cup semifinals and the United States won 3-1 with a brace from Christian Pulisic and another goal from Weston McKennie.
There will be two games scheduled for the United States in the March international window. Three days after facing the Reggae Boyz they will play a friendly game against North Ireland in Belfast. This will be a good opportunity for manager Gregg Berhalter to call up players from Major League Soccer and those playing in European clubs.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Would a government shutdown in December completely stop fourth stimulus check negotiations?
- SOCIAL SECURITY Can you change your Social Security number for any reason?
- NFL Bucs' Antonio Brown banned for three games by NFL
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why has Michael Carrick left Manchester Utd?
- NFL How are the uniforms of the 2021 Army vs. Navy football game? Are they for sale?
- SOCCER With what teams has Cristiano Ronaldo scored career 800 goals?