Carragher: Salah substitution against Chelsea was "strange"
The former Liverpool star criticized Jurgen Klopp's decision to sub off the Reds winger and the Premier League's current top scorer just 62 minutes into the game.
Former Liverpool star and current pundit Jamie Carragher said he was surprised by Jurgen Klopp's decision to sub off Liverpool's star and top scorer Mohamed Salah and replace him with Oxlade-Chamberlain after only 62 minutes with his team 1-0 down to Chelsea.
Labeling the move "strange", the 43-year-old took a dig at Klopp's decision after Liverpool had conceded their record-breaking fifth loss in row at Anfield.
"Klopp's never been shy in taking Salah off the pitch, It's not a case where he's worried about taking his main player off. He's taken him off in certain games where Salah has been poor," said the Sky Sports pundit.
Carragher argued that Salah didn't deserve to be substituted as he seemed in good shape albeit it wasn't his best day in the red jersey. "He's a big goal threat, but a lot of the time where he's been taken off in the past, Liverpool's attacking play has been breaking down. You could understand it," he added.
"Salah is a great goalscorer and what Liverpool have lacked is a goal, and it's what they needed in that second half. I was thinking whether there was something in the number of games he's played, but I don't know. It's hard to question Klopp, but I did think it was a strange one."
Following the victory, Chelsea jumped to fourth place with 47 points, while Liverpool are currently seventh with 43 points after the five-game losing streak at Anfield.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?