Giovanni Reyna could miss Dortmund's clash against Sevilla
The United States international has been suffering muscular problems since the beginning of March and is doubtful for the Champions League match.
Gio Reyna started the 2020/21 season as a key player for Borussia Dortmund and earned a starting role at the German club. The 18-year-old has been included in 22 games, starting 16 and coming on as a substitute in six, and has missed two games due to injuries.
The United States international did not play in Dortmund's 4-2 loss against Bayern Munich on Saturday on matchday 24 of the Bundesliga due to a muscular problem. His injury was reported on 3 May and he has missed four days of training with the rest of the team.
Dortmund are scheduled to play tomorrow against Sevilla in the second leg of the round of 16 of the UEFA Champions League at the Westfalenstadion. In the first leg the Bundesliga side won 3-2, but for this game Terzic has many players in doubt due to injuries.
Axel Witsel suffered an achilles tendon rupture back on 10 January and it is not known when he will return. Raphaël Guerreiro has been dealing with muscular problems as well as Reyna and both players are in doubt for tomorrow's clash against the LaLiga side. Jadon Sancho suffered a torn muscle fiber and the team doesn’t know when he will reach full-fitness.
Erling Haaland was replaced in the second half against Bayern due to a minor injury, but according to Terzic he will be available for tomorrow. Dortmund have the advantage after defeating Sevilla 3-2 in the first leg, but they will have to fight through all these set-backs to advance to the quarter-finals.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?