Laporta springs into action meeting David Alaba's agent
The new Barça president is aware that the Austrian international already has a host of suitors as he starts his second spell in charge of the Catalan club.
AS understands that last week, Pini Zahavi and Fali Ramadani (David Alaba's representatives) met with Joan Laporta last week in the Catalan capital.
Laporta told both men that should he become new FC Barcelona president to hold out and wait for a proposal from the 'Azulgrana'. Alaba's positional versatility in being able to play in a central defensive role or at left back make the out-of-contract player at Bayern Munich an attractive proposition for many clubs.
Laporta is aware that he faces stiff competition in securing the current Bayern player's services with competition in the form of Real Madrid and Manchester City. The Catalan club are now looking at ways of securing new recruits next season with one of the key objectives at the club being to offload Coutinho and his inflated salary. Laporta's strategy is based around enticing Alaba on offering a sound sporting project going forward endeavoured along with selling the lifestyle the player could enjoy in Barcelona.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"