Toronto FC is forced to pause preseason after multiple cases of coronavirus
The club based in Canada announced earlier this week that the preseason practice had been paused because multiple members of the team tested positive for Covid-19.
Last month the Major League Soccer commissioner announced that the 2021 season was set to start on 17 April and the clubs could resume practice in early-March. Many clubs started their preseason on Monday and one of those clubs was Toronto FC.
Unfortunately, multiple members from the club based in Canada tested positive for coronavirus, so the majority of the personnel had to be isolated and preseason was paused. From the first day of preseason, the franchises in MLS are obligated to test everyone and follow-up with the results.
Toronto FC Statement - March 8, 2021— Toronto FC (@TorontoFC) March 8, 2021
Statement from the team
Toronto FC announced that they will “continue to follow and strictly enforce all health and safety protocols and are working with Toronto Public Health to ensure the players return to training as soon as is safely possible. Further updates will be made available later in the week,” read the statement.
Due to the coronavirus flying restrictions between the United States and Canada, Toronto is forced to start the 2021 Major League Soccer season in Florida. This means that their home games will be played in both Orlando and Tampa.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo