All-Star Aldridge and San Antonio Spurs agree to part ways
All-Star LaMarcus Aldridge will not return to the San Antonio Spurs, coach Gregg Popovich has confirmed, with the 35-year-old looking at options.
San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich has revealed the club and veteran LaMarcus Aldridge have mutually agreed to part ways. The 35-year-old power forward/center will explore his trade options before the March 25 deadline.
Popovich: "This is a win-win for LaMarcus and the club"
"We've mutually agreed for him to work out some opportunities for him, and that'll be elsewhere," Popovich told reporters before Wednesday's 115-104 loss to Dallas.
"He's been a great team-mate. There was no problem there. We just think this is a win-win for LaMarcus and the club.
"When an opportunity arises, that'll be up to management, his agent, that sort of thing. We'll all move forward.
"He's done everything we've asked, and at this point we'd just like to do something that will work for him as much for our club because he deserves that."
Seven-time All-Star Aldridge had missed eight of San Antonio's final 11 matches prior to the All-Star break with a combination of hip and quadriceps injuries.
This season, Aldridge has averaged 13.7 points and 4.5 rebounds in 25.9 minutes per game.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?