Ronald Koeman found the right position for Sergiño Dest
The United States international has adapted quickly to the style of playing at FC Barcelona and he has become a regular starter under manager Ronald Koeman.
Sergiño Dest has played in several positions at FC Barcelona since he arrived last summer. The United States international has played as a left and right back. So far in this season he has made 30 appearances across all competitions scoring one goal in the UEFA Champions League and gave one assist in LaLiga.
Room for improvement
Dest is only 20-years-old and he was criticized for his performance against Paris Saint-Germain in the first leg of the round of 16 of the Champions League. FC Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman had to sub him out after 70 minutes, because he couldn’t stop Kylian Mbappé who scored a hat-trick that night at the Camp Nou.
Since that game, Dest has improved a lot and he returned to the starting lineup for the following games. Koeman changed Barcelona’s formation recently and since there are three center backs, it gives Dest more liberty to attack as a right fullback.
The United States international has played four games in a row as a right fullback with Barça’s new formation and he has been more dangerous when attacking on the right side since he has the liberty to do it now.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many Olympic medals has the USA volleyball team won?
- OLYMPICS Alternative Tokyo Olympics Medal tables: how would countries rank according to other factors?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the longest race in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: When I was 13, I was playing RuneScape! – Peaty congratulates Sky Brown
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Marathon rules, distance and course at the Tokyo 2021 Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBAL How many olympic medals does LeBron James have?