Bryan Reynolds declined to join the US youth national team
The AS Roma defender decided not to participate in the CONCACAF Olympic qualifying championship that is taking place this month in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Last Sunday Bryan Reynolds became the second youngest American player to make an appearance in the Serie A when he came off the bench in AS Roma 2-0 defeat against Parma.The 19-year-old joined the Italian team on 1 February on loan from FC Dallas, but Roma has the obligation to purchase his contract this summer.
Will not play with the US youth national team
Reynolds has his mind set in adapting to the style of play in Europe and gaining a starting role with AS Roma. So he declined to play with the United States youth national team that will participate in the CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament later this month in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Since the CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament is not a FIFA event, the clubs are not obligated to release the players if they don’t want to. Now that Reynolds made his debut in the Serie A, he could see some minutes for the first time in his career in the UEFA Europa League.
AS Roma is scheduled to play Shakhtar Donetsk on Thursday for the second leg at the NSC Olimpiyskiy. The Serie A side won 3-0 in the first leg and they have progressed from 20 of their last 22 European two-legged knockout ties, including qualifiers.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win