Christian Pulisic helps Chelsea into FA Cup semi-finals
The United States international made his third start under manager Thomas Tuchel and was named MVP in Chelsea’s 2-0 victory against Sheffield United.
Christian Pulisic has had a complicated season at Chelsea in his sophomore year at Stamford Bridge. Due to several injuries and managerial changes the United States international has failed to find consistency and even lost the starting role he earned towards the end of the 2019/2020 season.
Third start under Tuchel
This weekend, Chelsea gave several players a rest after defeating Atlético Madrid during mid-week and booking their ticket to the next round of the UEFA Champions League. In that game, Pulisic came on in the second half and gave an assist to Emerson in stoppage time to seal the 2-0 victory against the LaLiga side.
The team from London hosted Sheffield United for the quarterfinals tie of the FA Cup and the home team won 2-0 to advance to the semifinals. Pulisic made his third start under manager Thomas Tuchel and he was subbed out in the 83rd minute for N’Golo Kante.
Pulisic was named Man of the Match, but during the postgame interview he admitted he could have done even more during his time on the pitch. “It was a good result. We have a confident bunch of guys and when you go on a streak like this you feel good, you feel like we can beat anyone, so it is a good feeling.
“They didn't make it easy on us. We knew they had quality and we had to suffer a bit in the second half but it was another clean sheet and a good performance. We knew it was going to be uncomfortable with a bit of pressure, but we had to be strong and defend so in the end I was happy,” he said to BBC Sport.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo discusses future ahead of Portugal-Hungary clash
- Cristiano Ronaldo having no 'sleepless nights' over Juventus future
- EURO 2020 Mbappé needed to speak up but Giroud tussle is behind us, says France captain Lloris
- REAL MADRID Ramos: Kroos, Casillas back Real Madrid captain amid contract impasse
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?