Adams, Weah and Gioacchini will not join the USMNT
The United States men’s national team had to drop several important players for their first friendly of the year against Jamaica.
Earlier this Week the United States men’s national team coach Gregg Berhalter said that Weston McKennie will not join the squad in the first FIFA international break later this month. The reason was because he had been playing through minor back injuries in the past few months, so it is best that he rests as he aims to reach full fitness with Juventus.
More USMNT players had to withdraw
The United States is set to play Jamaica on 25 March and Northern Ireland three days later. Prior to making the trip to the Stadion Wiener Neustadt. Berhalter informed that unfortunately Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig), Tim Weah (club Lille) and Nicholas Giocchini (Caen) have also withdrawn from the USMNT and Christian Cappis and Jordan Siebatcheau will take their place.
The trio withdrew from the USMNT due to quarantine requirements for the countries whose clubs they play for. Additionally, a big group will depart after the friendly game against Jamaica and will not be available for the friendly against Northern Ireland.
The players that will leave after the game against the ‘Reggae Boyz’ are John Brooks, Reggie Cannon, Chris Richards, Gio Reyna and Josh Sargent. The reason is because they have to enter a quarantine period before joining their respectives clubs due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How and where to watch Patriots vs. Jets
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United vs Liverpool: times, TV and how to watch online
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: why is this game called El Clásico?
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series