Sergiño Dest is the first American player to score a brace in LaLiga
The United States international is having a breakout season in his first year at FC Barcelona and on Sunday he scored a brace in the team’s 6-1 victory against Real Sociedad.
FC Barcelona is making a late push to win the 2020/21 LaLiga season and they have won their last 5 games. On Sunday, Barça went to Anoeta to face Real Sociedad on matchday 28 of 38 and the visiting team demolished the home team with a 6-1 victory.
Sergiño Dest made history in Spain
The United States international made his fourth consecutive league start for FC Barcelona and scored a brace. Dest played for 84 minutes and not only he scored twice, but he completed 91 percent of his pass attempts and made three one-on-one dribbles against Real Sociedad.
With his brace against the team from Anoeta, he became the first American player to score twice in a game in LaLiga. Dest also has one assist in 22 league appearances in his freshman year at the Camp Nou. With the new formation implemented by manager Ronaldo Koeman, the USMNT player has more freedom to attack and less responsibility to defend as a right-back.
“The game system is going very well for me and the team. We are scoring, playing good games and the manager has many options to choose from. The feeling is amazing, even more so because we won 6-1 against a difficult opponent,” said Dest to Barça TV after the game.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"