Northern Ireland 1-2 USA: Reyna, Pulisic goals earn visitors friendly win
The United States beat Northern Ireland 2-1 at Windsor Park on Sunday, in the process extending the hosts' winless run to 12 games.
Goals by Giovanni Reyna and Christian Pulisic sealed a 2-1 friendly win over Northern Ireland as the United States claimed their fifth win in a row on Sunday.
Reyna makes history with opener for USA
In the first-ever meeting between the two nations, the USA went ahead after 30 minutes when Borussia Dortmund midfielder Reyna sent a deflected effort past Conor Hazard.
That was Reyna's second goal in four appearances for his country, with his strike making him the youngest player to score an away goal for the USA (18 years and 135 days) since Pulisic against Saint Vincent and the Grenadines in September 2016 (17 years and 350 days).
Pulisic scores Americans' second from penalty spot
Pulisic doubled the visitors' advantage in the 59th minute, stroking home from the penalty spot after he had been brought down inside the area by Daniel Ballard. That was the Chelsea man's eighth goal involvement in his last 10 appearances for his country (five goals, three assists).
McGinn grabs late consolation for Northern Ireland
Substitute Niall McGinn pulled one back for Northern Ireland in the 88th minute but it proved too little, too late for Ian Baraclough's side, who are winless in their last 12 matches.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future