Cádiz-Valencia temporarily suspended after alleged racism incident
The LaLiga contest at the Estadio Carranza was halted after an incident between Cádiz player Juan Cala and Valencia's Mouctar Diakhaby.
There was a quarter of an hour halt in today's LaLiga duel between Cádiz and Valencia at the Estadio Ramon de Carranza after an incident between home player Juan Cala and Valencia's French player Mouctar Diakhaby.
Both players disputed a loose ball in the Valencia box on the half hour mark of the contest and as Cala returned to his half, aimed a comment at the Valencia defender. So incensed was the 24-year-old with the comment, he ignored the action and ran after the Cádiz man to remonstrate and eventually protested to the match referee.
We offer our complete backing to @Diakhaby_5— Valencia CF 🦇🍊🌊 (@valenciacf_en) April 4, 2021
The player, who had received a racial insult, requested that his teammates return to the pitch.
WE SUPPORT YOU MOUCTAR
𝗡𝗢 𝗧𝗢 𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗜𝗦𝗠 ✊🏽✊🏿 pic.twitter.com/iPtPSpdNYv
With the support of fellow Valencia defender Gabriel Paulista, both players left the pitch and were followed by the rest of the Valencia side. The bulk of the Cádiz players too headed for the dressing rooms as confusion surrounded the continuation of the match.
After approximately 15 minutes, both teams resumed the game with Mouctar Diakhaby playing no further role in the action with the defender replaced by Hugo Guillamon.
Valencia later posted that the French defender was racially abused by Cala but requested that the team return to the pitch to complete the game.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys