Daryl Dike nets brace in Barnsley's victory against Luton
The United States striker has not stopped scoring in the Championship since joining Barnsley on loan on 1 February from Orlando City SC.
Daryl Dike did it again with Barnsley in the English Championship. The United States striker now has seven goals in 13 appearances with Barnsley vying for promotion to the Premier League with six games left in the 2020/21 season.
Dike scored a brace to give Barnsley the 2-1 victory against Luton Town on Monday morning and they have climbed to fifth place in the Championship with 68 points and a record of 20-8-12. The United States striker has adapted well to England’s second tier league and he won March’s FLW Fans’ Player of the Month award in the Championship.
Apart from winning the Player of the Month Award, Dike was included in WhoScored’s Team of the Month and won Barnsley’s goal of the month award in March in the Championship as well. His good performances have ignited the interest of Everton and Chelsea, both of whom could make a bid to Orlando to sign the USMNT striker.
The MLS franchise has been clear that any team interested in signing Dike will have to pay his $20 million price tag. Currently Barnsley have a clause in the deal to sign Dike permanently from Orlando City SC, but they will only pay that fee if they get promoted to the Premier League for next season.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Giovani dos Santos could leave Club América this summer
- Coronavirus US Coronavirus US: who has to wear a mask after the vaccine?
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the possible ceasefire and conflict between Israel and Palestine?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Filing 2021 deadline: is it possible to request an extension?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: what happens if you file taxes late?
- ENTERTAINMENT Who is Andrea Meza, winner of Miss Universe?