Christian Pulisic fit to play against Porto in the Champions League
The United States international was replaced due to an injury in Chelsea’s Saturday’s defeat to West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League.
Christian Pulisic has suffered a string of injuries in his sophomore year at Chelsea that have prevented him from making a consistent claim to a starting role. The United States international made his fourth start under manager Thomas Tuchel and scored his first goal of the year in the Premier League against West Bromwich Albion.
Unfortunately Chelsea lost 5-2 and Pulisic had to be replaced in the second half due to a possible hamstring injury. After the player underwent a medical examination, Thomas Tuchel confirmed that Pulisic is fit to play on Wednesday against Porto in the first leg of the quarterfinals of the UEFA Champions League.
"Christian went out right before the injury could happen," Tuchel said. "We said it at half time, if he continues it will be an injury coming so we took him off."
Pulisic has missed a total of nine games across all competitions due to muscle injuries. Chelsea’s No 10 has made 20 Premier League appearances and has only scored 2 goals with one assist. In the Champions League hehas one goal and one assist in five appearances.
Included in the roster to face Porto
Tuchel included Christian Pulisic in the final roster to face Porto and he made the trip to Seville where the game is scheduled to be played due to the coronavirus restrictions in England. Furthmore, it was confirmed that N’Golo Kante and Tammy Abraham have been given the green light to play tomorrow against the Portuguese side.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant