No deadlines on Haaland transfer talks, says Dortmund director Zorc
Borussia Dortmund have no plans to put any deadlines in place over the future of Erling Haaland, with speculation intensifying.
Growing speculation over Erling Haaland's future will not force Borussia Dortmund into setting any deadlines, insists sporting director Michael Zorc.
The Norway international is in high demand after netting 49 goals in 51 appearances for Dortmund, attracting interest from the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester City and Manchester United.
Talk of a transfer intensified after Haaland's agent, Mino Raiola, was said to have been in contact with a number of clubs, having reportedly spoken with representatives from Barca and Madrid.
But Zorc, who is eager to keep hold of the 20-year-old, claimed the Bundesliga club would not be rushed into a panic move.
Zorc: We have clear stance on Erling Haaland
"I don't see the need to set deadlines at the moment [for transfers]," he said on Thursday.
Widespread reports last year suggested Dortmund gave United a deadline in talks over Jadon Sancho, with the winger ultimately staying in Germany.
Zorc continued: "With Erling Haaland, we have a clear stance which we have communicated to the parties involved.
"Yesterday I spoke to Mino Raiola. We've made our intentions very clear. It's no problem when Alfie [Haaland's father] and Mino want to take a sunbathe on the Mediterranean Sea.
"I am relaxed because I know what we want."
Haaland drew a blank this week in Dortmund's Champions League loss to Manchester City, though he still boasts 10 goals in seven appearances in the competition this term.
Since Haaland scored a 23-minute hat-trick on his Dortmund debut, his 49 goals across all competitions have been bettered by only Robert Lewandowski (67) and Cristiano Ronaldo (53) among players in Europe's 'top five' leagues.
He has 21 league goals this season, with Edin Terzic's side sitting fifth in the Bundesliga.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Pentagon placed on lockdown after shots fired near Metro station
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Durant demands gold as USA beat Spain
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Can Simone Biles participate at Paris 2024 Olympics or will she retire earlier?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Asensio's extra-time winner puts Spain into the final
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history