Bryan Reynolds becomes youngest American to start in Serie A
The former Dallas FC defender started the game in AS Roma’s 1-0 victory against Bologna on matchday 30 in Serie A.
Bryan Reynolds made history on Sunday becoming the youngest American to start in Serie A in AS Roma’s 1-0 victory against Bologna in matchday 30. The former FC Dallas right-back is 19-years-old and was included in the starting XI for the first time since arriving to the Italian side on 1 February.
Still room for growth
This was his second appearance for Roma and he still needs lots to learn, but has shown his potential in his first two games. Reynolds made some quality runs on the right flank and some great interceptions during the match. Since he doesn’t speak Italian yet, he often struggled communicating with his teammates regarding positioning.
Roma’s manager Paulo Fonseca decided to take the young player off in the 76th minute and Bryan Reynolds was replaced by Rick Karsdorp.
The good news is that none of his rookie mistakes cost Roma any damage during the game and they managed to take the lead in the 44th minutes thanks to Borja Mayoral, who found the back of the net to give them the victory and the three points.
Reynolds is still in his learning phase as he only played one full season with FC Dallas in Major League Soccer. He was included in the starting XI, with Fonseca deciding to rotate the team after playing on Thursday against Ajax in the first leg of the quarter-final of the Europa League where they won 2-1.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: is a new payment coming? Opt-out, eligibility, tax refund...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 31: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Simone Biles pulls out of vault and bars finals
- OLYMPIC GAMES Connor Fields suffered brain bleed in BMX crash, out of ICU
- OLYMPIC GAMES South Korea U23 vs Mexico U23 live online: scores, stats and updates | Olympic men's soccer