USMNT move up two places in FIFA ranking after friendlies
The United States men’s national team beat Jamaica and Northern Ireland during last month's international break and moved into the top 20 of the rankings.
The United States men’s national team continues to progress at breath-taking pace. After the conclusion of last month's international break they moved up two spots in the latest FIFA men’s world rankings. The updated list was released on Wednesday and the USMNT climbed to 20th overall.
The United States defeated Jamaica 4-1 on 25 March and three days later Christian Pulisic scored the winning goal to give the USMNT the victory against Northern Ireland. This helped the US to move up two places, but not enough to close the gap with the Mexico national team who dropped two places down to 11th place.
The United States men’s national team has another friendly scheduled for 30 May against Switzerland at the AFC Arena. The team has a busy summer with the semi-final of the CONCACAF Nations League on 3 June against Honduras. Then the USMNT will participate in the 2021 Gold Cup tournament.
The top six has not changed
During the release of the FIFA Rankings of 2021, Belgium remains in first place ahead of France and Brazil. While Italy climbed a spot and are now in seventh place after winning their opening three qualifying games for the World Cup of Qatar 2022.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?