Rodolfo Pizarro says MLS can compete with Liga MX
The Inter Miami CF player is entering his second year in Major League Soccer and believes they can compete for international trophies against Liga MX teams.
Inter Miami CF are preparing for their second season in Major League Soccer and Rodolfo Pizarro is prepared to take a more leading role ahead of the start of the 2021 season. The fairly new franchise play against the Los Angeles Galaxy on 18 April and new manager Phil Neville wants to bring the best out of the Mexican international this year.
Pizarro won three league titles during his time in the Liga MX with Pachuca, Chivas and Monterrey. He also won the CONCACAF Champions League in 2018 with the team from Guadalajara and they defeated Toronto FC in a two-legged final. Now that he is entering his second year in MLS, he believes that MLS clubs can compete against Liga MX teams for trophies.
MLS has improved and can win international titles
“MLS has grown a lot in the last three years and the teams have become stronger. In the CONCACAF Champions League, I played against Toronto FC (2018) and they could’ve easily beaten us (Chivas). We all saw what happened last year in the final between LAFC and Tigres UANL and it was very close,” said Pizarro during an interview with TUDN.
“Nowadays it is not easy for a team from Mexico to eliminate a team from Major League Soccer. I think both leagues have reached a similar level and in this years’ CONCACAF Champions League any team can win it.”
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong