Christian Pulisic could be third American to win a trophy in Europe's top leagues
Chelsea defeated Manchester City 1-0 in the semifinal of the FA Cup with the United States international came on in the second half replacing Mason Mount.
Christian Pulisic has put his injuries behind him and reached full-fitness for the final stretch of this season. On Saturday the United States international came on in the second half in Chelsea’s 1-0 victory against Manchester City to advance to the final of the FA Cup.
Chelsea’s No 10 could become the third American to lift a trophy this season in Europe's top tier leagues after Sergiño Dest won the Copa del Rey with FC Barcelona on Saturday and Weston McKennie won the Supercopa de Italia with Juventus earlier this year. Now Pulisic is one game away from winning his first title in his second season at Stamford Bridge.
Pulisic in superb form
The United States international has earned the trust of manager Thomas Tuchel and he is responding with good performances coming in as a substitute or in a starting role. In the semifinal against Manchester City he came on in the 70th minute, replacing Mason Mount, and almost scored his first goal in the FA Cup this season.
Chelsea went long from their stoppage time free-kick and Havertz flicked it to Pulisic. The American got the ball and went past two defenders before riffling it into the bottom left corner to beat his compatriot Zack Steffen, but a few minutes later VAR confirmed that Pulisic was offside.
The team from Stamford Bridge will play against Leicester City in the final of the FA Cup on 15 May. The game will be played at Wembley stadium and Chelsea want to bounce back after they lost in the final last year against Arsenal.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Happy Mother’s Day: Quotes, memes, messages, and more to help celebrate
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?