David Beckham against European Super League
The co-owner of Inter Miami CF and former Manchester United and Real Madrid player spoke against the creation of the European Super League.
The co-owner of Inter Miami CF, David Beckham, was not pleased with his team's result in their 2021 MLS season home opener against the Los Angeles Galaxy on Sunday. The team started their second season with a 3-2 defeat against the team from California and will be looking to bounce back when they visit Philadelphia on 24 April for week 2.
"The game we love is in danger"
A few hours after Inter Miami CF lost, the creation of the European Super League was announced. Twelve of the biggest clubs in world football have agreed to join the ESL which consists of a competition in which they would compete against one another and claim billions of dollars in revenue for themselves.
Beckham's former clubs founding fathers
Real Madrid and Manchester United are amongst the 12 founding fathers in the European Super League and David Beckham became a legend at both clubs. So when the news broke he gave his thoughts, admitting that he believes “the game we love is in danger.”
“I’m someone who loves football. It has been my life for as long as I can remember. I loved it from when I was a young child as a fan, and I’m still a fan now. As a player and now as an owner I know that our sport is nothing without the fans. We need football to be for everyone. We need football to be fair and we need competitions based on merit. Unless we protect values, the game we love is in danger,” he wrote on social media.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother