Manchester City agree deal for Brazilian wonderkid Kayky
Kayky has caught the eye in Brazilian football and now Manchester City have pounced to agree a deal for the teenager.
Manchester City have struck a deal to sign Brazilian teenager Kayky from Fluminense, the Premier League giants announced on Friday.
Set for Premier League move
The 17-year-old forward has caught the eye in early professional appearances for his Rio de Janeiro-based team and is now poised to switch to the Premier League.
City announced on Twitter: "We are delighted to confirm we have reached an agreement with Fluminese regarding the future transfer of Kayky. The teenage forward will remain with Fluminese until the end of the Brazilian season."
We are delighted to confirm we have reached an agreement with Fluminese regarding the future transfer of Kayky. The teenage forward will remain with Fluminese until the end of the Brazilian season.— Manchester City (@ManCity) April 23, 2021
🔷 #ManCity | https://t.co/axa0klD5re
Kayky has joined the Fluminense first team this season and City's brief statement indicates he will remain in Brazil until the league campaign concludes there in December.
The Campeonato Serie A is due to begin in late May. Kayky has caught the eye with his first two senior goals coming in April, including a stunning solo effort against Nova Iguacu in the Campeonato Carioca.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash