Chicharito’s fourth career hat-trick gives LA Galaxy the victory against NYRB
The Mexican international scored a hat-trick to give Los Angeles Galaxy the 3-2 victory against the New York RB in week 2 of the 2021 MLS regular season.
Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández is bouncing back after a disappointing first season with LA Galaxy. The Mexican international scored a hat-trick against the New York Red Bulls to give his team the 3-2 victory in their first home game of the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season.
“Thankfully we won, we started our home opener in an amazing way and this is just a reminder of how hard we have been working, how amazing this group is and it’s an all-round effort from the LA Galaxy. These two last games have been very passionate,” said Chicharito during the post-game interview with FS1.
For the first time since 2010 the LA Galaxy have won their first two games of the season and are currently in first place of the Western Conference with 6 points. The team with the most titles (five) in MLS history defeated Inter Miami CF last Sunday and in that game ‘Chicharito’ scored two goals in the 3-2 win.
“I am in the place of responsibility, grinding, I don’t have excuses and I don’t have anyone to blame but me. I don’t want to relax and I just want to grow and I have to push myself beyond my limits. I am just looking for pleasure and enjoyment,” he added.
Chicharito’s numbers since his debut
The 32-year-old is the candidate for Player of the Month because he has scored five goals in the first two games of the 2021 MLS regular season. Hernández’ last hat-trick was with Bayer Leverkusen back on 24 September 2016 against Mainz.
Chicharito has now scored a total of 215 goals in his career since making his professional debut in 2006: 59 goals for Manchester United, 52 with Mexico national team, 39 with Bayer Leverkusen, 29 with Chivas, 17 with West Ham United, 9 with Real Madrid, 3 with Sevilla and so far 7 with the LA Galaxy.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Pentagon placed on lockdown after shots fired near Metro station
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Durant demands gold as USA beat Spain
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Can Simone Biles participate at Paris 2024 Olympics or will she retire earlier?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Asensio's extra-time winner puts Spain into the final
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history