Javier "Chicharito" Hernández voted MLS Player of the Week for the second time in a row
The Mexican international has scored five goals in Los Angeles Galaxy’s opening two games of the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season.
Javier Hernández is back and on Sunday he scored a hat-trick leading the Los Angeles Galaxy to a 3-2 win against New York Red Bulls in their first home game of the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season. The hat-trick was the first by a Galaxy player since Zlatan Ibrahimovic who did it on 15 September 2019 in a 7-2 win against Sporting KC.
‘Chicharito’ has scored a total of 5 goals in two games and he became the second player in MLS history to score that amount in a team’s opening two games of the campaign. After his outstanding performance on Sunday, Javier Hernández was voted the Major League Soccer Player of the Week for week 2 of the 2021 MLS season.
Player of the week
This marks Hernandez’ second-consecutive recognition as the MLS Player of the Week and is the first player to accomplish that since the final two weeks of the 2019 MLS regular season. This recognition is selected weekly through both media and fan voting in a process conducted by MLS Communications.
A panel of journalists from the North American Soccer Reporters (NASR) comprises 75 percent of the vote, while a Twitter fan vote represents the remaining 25 percent of voting. NASR consists of members of print, television, radio and online media. The LA Galaxy will play against Seattle Sounders FC at the Dignity Health Sports Park on Sunday 2 May.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?