Javier "Chicharito" Hernández voted MLS Player of the Week for the second time in a row
The Mexican international has scored five goals in Los Angeles Galaxy’s opening two games of the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season.
Javier Hernández is back and on Sunday he scored a hat-trick leading the Los Angeles Galaxy to a 3-2 win against New York Red Bulls in their first home game of the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season. The hat-trick was the first by a Galaxy player since Zlatan Ibrahimovic who did it on 15 September 2019 in a 7-2 win against Sporting KC.
‘Chicharito’ has scored a total of 5 goals in two games and he became the second player in MLS history to score that amount in a team’s opening two games of the campaign. After his outstanding performance on Sunday, Javier Hernández was voted the Major League Soccer Player of the Week for week 2 of the 2021 MLS season.
Player of the week
This marks Hernandez’ second-consecutive recognition as the MLS Player of the Week and is the first player to accomplish that since the final two weeks of the 2019 MLS regular season. This recognition is selected weekly through both media and fan voting in a process conducted by MLS Communications.
A panel of journalists from the North American Soccer Reporters (NASR) comprises 75 percent of the vote, while a Twitter fan vote represents the remaining 25 percent of voting. NASR consists of members of print, television, radio and online media. The LA Galaxy will play against Seattle Sounders FC at the Dignity Health Sports Park on Sunday 2 May.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos vs Cleveland Browns live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries