Gundogan donates 3,000 meals to those in need in Indonesia
Manchester City star Ilkay Gundogan has continued his recent charitable work by making a donation to people in need in Indonesia.
Ilkay Gündogan has joined forces with Manchester City fans in Indonesia to provide 3,000 meals to needy people in the country.
The City star has timed the gesture to coincide with the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, with an orphanage in Jakarta one of the beneficiaries of his generosity.
Gündogan provides aid during covid-19 pandemic
Bid now on my signed (ripped) matchworn shirt, that I wore in the first leg of our @ChampionsLeague quarter-finals against @BVB! Proceeds go to 8-year-old Dilara who is fighting against a very rare disease - let's make her live-saving surgery possible! 🙏🏼 https://t.co/t54tUioKag pic.twitter.com/9eubMd0VSy— Ilkay Gündogan (@IlkayGuendogan) April 15, 2021
Gündogan has also sent gifts, including City shirts bearing his number eight, with the club's Indonesian supporters' group delivering the meals and presents.
The 30-year-old German, who is enjoying a stellar campaign at the Etihad Stadium, has also given to other causes recently, providing care packages to health workers and the elderly near his family home in Gelsenkirchen amid the pandemic.
Closer to where he plies his trade, Gündogan has auctioned off personal items such as match-worn kits to raise money for the hospitality industry in Manchester.
Recommended in English
- NATURAL DISASTERS Why do tsunamis happen in the Pacific Ocean?
- ENVIRONMENT Earth's sixth mass extinction has begun according to scientists
- TENNIS Djokovic could be spared three year Australia entry ban
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL NFL Playoff Bracket: Who will play who in the Divisional Round?
- TENNIS Djokovic banned from Australia for three years, federal government confirms