Christian Pulisic is the first USMNT player to score in a UCL semi-final
The United States men’s national team winger scored in the 14th minute in Chelsea’s 1-1 draw against Real Madrid in the first leg of the UEFA Champions League semi-finals.
On Tuesday, Christian Pulisic became the all-time American leading scorer (five) in the UEFA Champions League with his goal against Real Madrid at the Estadio Alfredo Di Stéfano. In the 14th minute of the game the Blues took the lead through the American.
Antonio Rüdiger floated an outstanding ball over the top for Pulisic to chase and as he entered the box, he took out Thibaut Courtois before rifling a right-footed strike through two players on the line to find the back of the net. The United States men's national team player has two goals and one assist in eight appearances in this competition this season.
Another record for the USMNT
Pulisic also became the first USMNT player to score in a semi final of the UCL in the 1-1 draw against the LaLiga giants. The American faded in the second half and in the 66th minute he was replaced by Hakim Ziyech. He has earned a starting role under manager Thomas Tuchel in the past few weeks after reaching full fitness.
Chelsea now host Fulham on 1 May on matchday 34 of the Premier League, before welcoming Real Madrid to Stamford Bridge in the second leg of the Champions League semi-finals on 5 May.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS Team USA vs Spain 2021 Tokyo Olympics live updates: score, stats, highlights
- OLYMPIC GAMES How does sport climbing work at the Olympics? Rules, format and score system
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze