Christian Pulisic is the first USMNT player to score in a UCL semi-final
The United States men’s national team winger scored in the 14th minute in Chelsea’s 1-1 draw against Real Madrid in the first leg of the UEFA Champions League semi-finals.
On Tuesday, Christian Pulisic became the all-time American leading scorer (five) in the UEFA Champions League with his goal against Real Madrid at the Estadio Alfredo Di Stéfano. In the 14th minute of the game the Blues took the lead through the American.
Antonio Rüdiger floated an outstanding ball over the top for Pulisic to chase and as he entered the box, he took out Thibaut Courtois before rifling a right-footed strike through two players on the line to find the back of the net. The United States men's national team player has two goals and one assist in eight appearances in this competition this season.
Another record for the USMNT
Pulisic also became the first USMNT player to score in a semi final of the UCL in the 1-1 draw against the LaLiga giants. The American faded in the second half and in the 66th minute he was replaced by Hakim Ziyech. He has earned a starting role under manager Thomas Tuchel in the past few weeks after reaching full fitness.
Chelsea now host Fulham on 1 May on matchday 34 of the Premier League, before welcoming Real Madrid to Stamford Bridge in the second leg of the Champions League semi-finals on 5 May.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?