Mayweather-Logan Paul fight now set for June
An exhibition match between undefeated former world champion Floyd Mayweather and YouTube star-turned-amateur boxer Logan Paul is back on.
Boxing great Floyd Mayweather Jr. and YouTube sensation Logan Paul are set to fight in June after months of talking up the possibility.
The pair will square off in a pay-per-view clash at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami on June 6, Mayweather Promotions announced on Tuesday.
Mayweather – who retired from boxing with a 50-0 record after beating UFC star Conor McGregor – and Paul had been set to meet on February 20, but the bout was postponed to an unspecified later date.
Tuesday's announcement did not include the number of rounds or any other details about the fight.
Paul, who has 22.9 million YouTube subscribers, boasted in November that he was ready to fight Mayweather "any time, any place".
"If I caught Floyd with one punch, I would snap him in half," said the 26-year-old.
Paul has one fight to his credit, dropping a split decision to fellow YouTuber KSI in November 2019.
Five-division world champion Mayweather (50-0) has not fought competitively since a 2017 10th-round TKO defeat of McGregor in the boxing ring.
The 44-year-old Mayweather beat kickboxing star Tenshin Nasukawa in brutal fashion in a 2018 exhibition in Tokyo.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes