Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández is two goals away from making history in MLS
The Mexican international has scored five goals in the first two games of the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season with the LA Galaxy.
Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández scored a brace against Inter Miami CF in the season opener to lead the Los Angeles Galaxy to a 3-2 victory for week 1. Then the team with the most titles in MLS (5) hosted the New York Red Bulls at the Dignity Health Sports Park and ‘Chicharito’ scored a hat-trick to give the LA Galaxy the 3-2 victory and the points.
The Mexican international has been named back-to-back the Player of the Week for the first two weeks of the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season. He has also been included in the Team of the Week for week 1 and 2 due to his performances in the beginning of the campaign.
One goal shy from Ante Razov's record
The United States men’s national team player became the first striker in the history of Major League Soccer to score six goals in the first three games of the season back in 1999. Now Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández is one goal shy from equalizing that record and two to surpass it when he faces Seattle Sounders on 2 May.
With his five goals in the first two games of the season, Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández managed to tie Brian Ching as the players with most goals in the beginning of the season. So the Mexican international could make history on Sunday at the CenturyLink Field.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check Update: what's the situation in every state?
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- US NEWS Camera crew walk-off in the hours before Alec Baldwin fatally shot Halyna Hutchins
- US NEWS What states saw the highest number of workers quit this summer?