Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández is two goals away from making history in MLS
The Mexican international has scored five goals in the first two games of the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season with the LA Galaxy.
Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández scored a brace against Inter Miami CF in the season opener to lead the Los Angeles Galaxy to a 3-2 victory for week 1. Then the team with the most titles in MLS (5) hosted the New York Red Bulls at the Dignity Health Sports Park and ‘Chicharito’ scored a hat-trick to give the LA Galaxy the 3-2 victory and the points.
The Mexican international has been named back-to-back the Player of the Week for the first two weeks of the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season. He has also been included in the Team of the Week for week 1 and 2 due to his performances in the beginning of the campaign.
One goal shy from Ante Razov's record
The United States men’s national team player became the first striker in the history of Major League Soccer to score six goals in the first three games of the season back in 1999. Now Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández is one goal shy from equalizing that record and two to surpass it when he faces Seattle Sounders on 2 May.
With his five goals in the first two games of the season, Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández managed to tie Brian Ching as the players with most goals in the beginning of the season. So the Mexican international could make history on Sunday at the CenturyLink Field.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass