NBA Playoffs 2021: can fans go to stadiums?
As covid-19 vaccines roll out across the United States the NBA has started to open up with attendance caps being introduced across tle league.
When the NBA 2020-2021 season began, teams knew they would be allowed to have fans at home games, and with the surge in vaccinations across the US, they have slowly started to open up. Some teams anticipate having three thousand fans by early May if things continue to be positive with covid-19 vaccination and possible outbreaks.
Guidelines and restrictions can vary from state to state, and what each team decides to implement based on these. At the moment, only two franchises - Portland and Oklahoma - have no fans at their home games.
Team's fan % cap regarding attendance:
JUST ANNOUNCED: Increased attendance for postseason play to 7,625 fans (apx 45% of @StateFarmArena). The plan was approved by the NBA and the @GaDPH. Fans can guarantee priority access to the 2021 Playoffs on https://t.co/WY2cchLOHk— Atlanta Hawks (@ATLHawks) May 3, 2021
🔗: https://t.co/jpQDdaqgio pic.twitter.com/hcja8ztyTE
• Atlanta Hawks: 10% attendance cap.
• Brooklyn Nets: 12% attendance cap.
• Boston Celtics: 12% attendance cap.
• Charlotte Hornets: 25% attendance cap.
• Chicago Bulls: 25% attendance cap by May 7.
• Cleveland Cavaliers: 14% attendance cap.
• Dallas Mavericks: 20% attendance cap.
• Denver Nuggets: 22% attendance cap.
• Detroit Pistons: 3.5% attendance cap.
• Golden State Warriors: 35% attendance cap.
• Houston Rockets: 25% attendance cap.
• Indiana Pacers: 25% attendance cap.
• L.A. Clippers: 10% attendance cap.
• L.A. Lakers: 25% attendance cap.
• Memphis Grizzlies: 20% attendance cap.
• Miami Heat: 15% attendance cap.
• Milwaukee Bucks: 18% attendance cap.
• Minnesota Timberwolves: 15% attendance cap.
• New Orleans Pelicans: 16% attendance cap.
• New York Knicks: 10% attendance cap
• Oklahoma City Thunder: No fans are allowed at the moment.
• Orlando Magic: 20% attendance cap.
• Philadelphia 76ers: 15% attendance cap.
• Phoenix Suns: 16% attendance cap.
• Portland Trail Blazers: No fans are allowed at the moment.
• Sacramento Kings: 10% attendance cap.
• San Antonio Spurs: 17% attendance cap.
• Toronto Raptors: 17% attendance cap, the Raptors are playing home games at Amalie Arena in Tampa due to travel restrictions.
• Utah Jazz: 37% attendance cap, highest of any NBA team.
• Washington Wizards: 10% attendance cap.
All restrictions are subject to changes due to the ongoing pandemic. Still, the NBA and league teams are optimistic about the chances of having more fans on the stands by the time playoffs start, scheduled to begin May 22 following the Play-In Tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands