Happy Mother’s Day: Quotes, memes, messages, and more to help celebrate
Over 70 countries will celebrate moms this Sunday. We have compiled quotes, messages, and more to ensure the mom’s in your life feel celebrated.
Mother's Day celebrations will take place in over 70 countries on Sunday 9 May including Canada, Chile, Ghana, Japan, Switzerland, and the United States. In the United States, Mother's Day has been on the calendar since the late 1800s.
What do moms want?
When new moms were asked what they wanted for Mother's Day, many say time alone. So rather than packing Mother's Day full of activities, maybe consider giving mom the day off to spend as she pleases.
As children get older, moms reported that they want to hear from their children why they matter. The simple act of writing out why tweens and teens love and appreciate their mom can really make their day, according to Upworthy.
When writing a card to that special mom in your life there are few things to keep in mind.
- Make it meaningful and speak from the heart.
- Keep it simple. It doesn’t need to be Shakespeare.
- Gratitude -- why are you grateful for all she does?
Social media is a great place to get inspiration. Seventeen has curated a list of mom-approved messages that are sure to put a smile on her face.
Motherhood and a mother's love have been described by some of history's most recognizable voices.
“Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” —Susan Gale
“Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” —Oliver Wendell Holmes
“To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” —Maya Angelou
“All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” —Abraham Lincoln
“Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” – Barbara Kingsolver
Cards and Gifts
According to Hallmark, 85% of US households celebrate Mother's Day in some capacity, and each year around 110 million cards are bought to celebrate.
If you are in need of a card, there are many sites that offer free templates that can be printed at home. With hundreds of cards ranging from humorous to sentimental, you are bound to find one perfect for the special women in your life.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"