The dilemma facing Castilla head coach Raúl
The Real Madrid legend is generating interest among many European clubs after his Youth League triumph and progress with play-off side Real Madrid Castilla.
'Goal Germany' claim that Eintracht Frankfurt have sounded out Raúl González Blanco as a possible candidate for the bench next season after Adi Hütter's move to Borussia Mönchelgladbach. The former Real Madrid No. 7 is hugely respected in Germany after his successful spell with Bundesliga side Schalke.
Raúl has yet to coach any top flight side to date and his most immediate mission is try to secure a place in the Spanish second tier after his Real Madrid Castilla secured a play-off place on Sunday with a 2-4 win over Talavera. Castilla now face high flying UD Ibiza in the first play-off game.
🥳 Real Madrid Castilla have qualified for the 2021 Segunda División B promotion play-off! 🎉— Real Madrid Castilla Stats (@CastillaStats) May 9, 2021
A dramatic 4-2 win against Talavera secured their place in the final stage of the season. A huge feat for both Raúl and his players during the strangest season ever! pic.twitter.com/ICyFyE74rr
Raúl and Zidane
The 43-year-old former is treading the same path as current Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane and forms part of Florentino Pérez's masterplan of using former players to train at the club where they have already established a solid know-how of the culture at the club.
Much of Raúl's decision making progress may depend on the outcome of the current season for the Santiago Bernabéu club as speculation grows about Zidane continuing on the bench next season with Raul seen by Perez as the perfect candidate to succeed the French man. The future for the former captain will be shaped by results for both the Real Madrid first team and indeed Castilla in the forthcoming weeks.
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral election: Which candidates have received the most endorsements?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: polling times and how to vote
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC Mayoral Primary: where do I vote?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: what documentation do I need to vote?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT When will the IRS start to send the $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit payments?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT IRS Child Tax Credit portal: how can I use it to opt out and what other uses does it have?